In the past, I've done these "Our Fair City" posts for Orlando, Florida. Now that we live in Chicago, the tag will stay the same, it's just the setting that changes. The tag is a way for me to look back on the time that we explored our city.
My dad visited recently and we brought him to some Chicago institutions including:
- •Big Star for tacos, micheladas, and mezcal margaritas in Wicker Park
- •Small Cheval for the best cheeseburgers ever (I don't say this loosely) also in Wicker Park
- •Garret's Popcorn for the caramel and cheese popcorn mix in The Loop
- •Wasabi for ramen in Logan Square
- •Wasabi is BYOB, so we took that opportunity to bring along some Chicago beer staples like Goose Island's 312 wheat and Off Color's Troublesome gose.
- •Carriage House for southern comfort food (the best fried chicken on brioche) in Wicker Park
- •An Architecture Boat Tour downtown on the river
- •And of course, he visited The Field Museum twice
You may have noticed that I switched commenting systems. You can still comment as a guest if you please, but I like this new system better because if you chose to log in, the next time you comment, you'll see my reply to your previous comment. It's a lot easier than me commenting on the post and following up with an email to comments with specific questions. Also, I was able to import past comments. I hope you find it as seamless as I do!