I'm really excited! Not only is my brother and his girlfriend coming into town for a visit this weekend and for two weekends in a row, but the lovely Jessica from The Lyons Den nominated me for the Liebster Award!
This is how it works...The Rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions your nominator asked.
- Create 11 new questions for your 11 nominees.
- Link your nominees to your post & obviously tell them.
- No tag backs.
11 random facts you probably don't care to know about me:
1. I was an International Relations major before I was an Event Management major.
2. I studied French for 6 years in high school and in college.
3. I collect taxidermy insects (moths, butterflies, beetles, etc).
4. I love cheese! I would be happy trying a new kind of cheese everyday.
5. I don't like grape juice, but I love the taste of wine.
6. I love the smell of old books, flowers, and coffee.
7. I have an extensive collection of vinyl records, as well as my father's and uncle's collection in my possession.
8. I love being up early, when there's still a morning chill, and you can't hear a car on the road.
9. I am in love with Paris. I believe there is something there for everyone.
10. I've been with S for 5 and a half years now!
11. I love subscribing to magazines; for me they are the paper version of blogs!
Jessica's questions for me:
1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I would change how much I let things affect me. Every wedding I work that something doesn't go as planned (and never is an event flawless!) I take it to heart and feel immense guilt for it. I wish I didn't because there are often times when there is just nothing that I can do.
2. What would you do with a million dollars?
Travel, without a doubt. I would visit places I have visited already like Paris and Brazil, as well as visit new places. And of course, I would spend the money bringing my loved ones with me!
3. What is your favorite hobby?
I love cooking. There is something so therapeutic about a jazz record, julienne-ing carrots, and a glass of red wine.
4. What is your favorite thing about your significant other?
I love his creativity! Not to mention his wit, his smile, and his ability to make me smile. But I love most that he is so inspiring with his work. He is a concept artist for video games, so he comes up with some very unique things.
5. What is your dream job?
Event Director, which is only a few years away! I'm an Event Coordinator right now, the next step is usually Event Manager, and then Event Director would be after that.
6. If you could visit any place in the world where would you go?
Somewhere new? Sweden. Somewhere I've already been? Paris. I left half of my heart there.
7. Most embarrassing moment?
Most recently I was at the bank drive through, and when I finished I sent the empty canister back - not a huge deal, but it's the only embarrassment that comes to mind!
8. What is your major?
9. How many kids do you want?
Three: two boys and a girl. But I would be happy with any!
10. What is your biggest strength & biggest weakness?
My biggest strength is my loyalty. I am such a loyal person, from my hair to my restaurants. My biggest weakness would be my heart. I am so open, I often find myself getting hurt.
11. What is your favorite blog?
I adore Elsie + Emma from A Beautiful Mess and their crafts. Not only do they post great content, but they give a little bit of themselves and their story to their readers. I love that.
My nominees (fellow bloggers I've gotten to know and would love to know more about!):
Christine from The Plumed Nest
Ashlee from Ashlee Nikol
Jamie from Jamie Brooke
Jacqueline from Beauty and the Budget
Erin from Like Want Need
Milynn from Love and Whimsy
Brooke from S + B
Santa from HomeStilo
Miranti from Pen and Peplum
Eline from Eline S
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is one of your earliest memories?
2. If you could have a dinner party, who would you invite (alive or dead)?
3. What is your job?
4. What is your favorite thing about your job?
5. What are you most proud of in your life?
6. What would you say is a characteristic of yourself?
7. What makes you the most happy?
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
11. Are you a night owl or a morning lark?